Pollution Liability

/Pollution Liability
Pollution Liability 2020-02-17T15:42:53+00:00

Environmental Pollution Liability

Environmental Risks considered in the following states:

NC | SC | MD | VA | GA | TN

We understand that the time and effort to complete an application can be time consuming but it’s vital to getting a full picture of the risk. A fully-completed application helps us get you on your way to having an answer from our amazing companies even sooner without wasting your time with a lot of back-and-forth.

Visit the Tab of the Pollution Application you require to help narrow down the application options. If you need help choosing the right application, feel free to reach out to any of our P&C Underwriters.

If you have a completed application, send to a P&C Underwriter, or to our submission inbox: submit@jsausa.com where it will be routed to the correct person.

Contractors that work with hazardous waste materials or run the risk of uncovering hazardous materials during demolition will need Pollution Liability Insurance. Businesses that produce hazardous materials as the product they sell as or as bi-product of manufacturing will need Pollution Liability Insurance. Businesses that transport hazardous materials via truck need Pollution Liability Insurance in case of accidents or spills. Businesses that utilize storage tanks (above or below ground) for fuel or other hazardous materials will likely need Pollution Liability Insurance as well to protect themselves from costly environmental clean-up risks.

These risks are not covered by standard General Liability (GL) Insurance, with environmental clean-up projects having the potential to be very costly and contamination may not be revealed until long after a project is finished or a factory ceases manufacturing. Many contractor projects require Pollution Liability Insurance before even beginning a job.

Contractors of all kinds require Contractor’s Pollution Liability Insurance. Some, like painting contractors, will require the coverage because they work with hazardous materials. Others, like fire and water restoration contractors, will require coverage because they may not know what they’ll encounter in demolition. And still others, like HVAC contractors, will need coverage because they are installing air handling systems, that could make people sick after the fact if there is contamination. We have several different applications to help them depending on their specialty. If you have difficulty choosing, please contact a P&C underwriter to assist you.

Coverages Considered:

  • Pollution
  • Professional
  • GL
  • Excess


Site Specific Pollution Target Classes:

  • Manufacturing Facilities
  • Apartments/Condos
  • Self Storage Warehouse
  • Marina
  • Golf Course
  • Medical/Dental Office


Whether they are tanker trucks, tractor trailer units, dump trucks, vans, or private passenger autos, if they are transporting materials that could pollute the environment if spilled, they need transportation pollution coverage.

Transportation Pollution Classes:

  • Chemicals
  • Fuels
  • Construction Materials/Waste
  • Liquids
  • Food Products
  • and much more!


Storage Tank Liability Classes:

  • Convenience Stores
  • Auto Dealerships
  • Hospitals
  • Fuel Dealers
  • Schools
  • Municipalities

Below Ground Storage Tanks

We CAN consider older below-ground storage tanks. Due to advanced tank age, we require in addition to the application a recent Precision Tank Tightness Test and Line Test done in the last 12 months PRIOR to quoting. These tests are an insurability requirement for coverage and might exceed storage tank regulations.