Ask JSA: How Do I Write With You?

//Ask JSA: How Do I Write With You?

Ask JSA: How Do I Write With You?

Dear JSA,

I’ve been an insurance agent for years. But I’ve never needed E&S before. Now I do! What do I need to do to access the E&S Market? How do I start? What do you need from us so we can write with you?


Now Watt

Dear Now,

Retail agents need to enlist the services of a wholesaler, like JSA, to access the E&S market. Like we always say, “Their ‘No’ Is Our ‘Yes.'” The unique nature of the risks that fall into the Excess & Surplus Lines Insurance column means that special expertise is required to acquire coverage. JSA has the authority to quote, underwrite, and issue policies and endorsements with a wide range of E&S companies as an Managing General Agent (MGA) and E&S Broker. 

In order to write with us, you’ll need to provide 4 things:

  1. fill out a JSA Producer Agreement (e-sign option makes it so easy!)
  2. complete and sign the Agency Information Form
  3. carry E&O with minimum limits of $1 million (provide us with an E&O Declaration page, please)
  4.  be properly licensed in your state

And you just email these things to Scott Banks, JSA’s Agency Relations Coordinator at or phone him up at 800-342-5572.

Overwhelmed? Don’t be! All these links and information can be found in one place on our “Write With Us” page online.

We’re glad you reached out to us, Now, and we are looking forward to working with you!

2019-07-26T11:55:14+00:00 July 26th, 2019|0 Comments