Football season is here and there is nothing more fun than getting together to watch the big game. When people talk football food, there are chips and big sandwiches, wings and chili,…but jalapeno poppers are a fun, caliente, finger food that look great and make the event feel a little special.
This recipe roasts the peppers in the oven, eliminating the need for breading or deep frying. We also like the mixture of cheeses that melts into creamy deliciousness. We hope you enjoy it, too!
- 12 jalapeno peppers (carefully seeded & cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 8oz package of Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1/4c. grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4c. shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4c. crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Chili Powder
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees. Line 1 large baking sheet with parchment or aluminum foil
- REMEMBER: please use gloves when handling the peppers for slicing and seeding
- Mix all four cheeses together in a large bowl
- Add remaining spices and mix well
- Spoon or pipe mixture into pepper halves and place on prepared backing sheet
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly
- Serve to your hungry team immediately
These appetizers can be prepared in advance – up to TWO DAYS! Just make your mixture and fill the pepper halves and store in your fridge until your event. Then just bake them before serving. You can serve them with a side of blue cheese dressing or marinara sauce for dipping, but they won’t need it. The creamy deliciousness has just the right amount of heat. They’re also pretty easy to pack up and take to a tailgate. Everyone is going to want one!